Speaking of artificial quartz stone countertops, everyone has heard of it. People will understand the advantages and disadvantages of the product when they buy it so that it can help us make the right choice. Of course, any product has advantages and disadvantages. Knowing the advantages and disadvantages of the product is conducive to our purchase and selection. For this reason, many people want to know more about this product before buying artificial quartz stone countertops. So the editor will introduce the advantages and disadvantages of artificial quartz stone countertops? How to choose artificial quartz stone countertops?
Advantages and disadvantages of artificial quartz stone countertops? How to choose artificial quartz stone countertops?
1. Advantages of artificial quartz stone countertops
(1) Artificial stone is researched according to the problems in the actual use of natural stone. It is relative in terms of moisture resistance, acid resistance, high-temperature resistance, and patchwork. Although artificial quartz stone is not a natural stone, after a special process, the quartz stone also has the feeling of real stone.
(2) The pigments of quartz stone are mainly mineral pigments, which are the same as natural stone, but also have the problem of not changing color easily and not fading. Some countertops will be broken, but quartz stone will not, because of its high elasticity, it will not be easily broken. The daily maintenance of artificial quartz stone countertops is also simple and convenient, and it can be done with ordinary detergents.
2. Disadvantages of artificial quartz stone countertops
(1) Generally, artificial stone is obviously not natural enough, and the texture is relatively fake, so it is mostly used in cabinets and other places with high practical requirements, as well as in some harsh environments, such as kitchens, toilets, etc.
(2) The processing technology of artificial stone countertops will also directly affect the service life of the cabinet. The price of quartz stone countertops is relatively expensive.
How to choose artificial quartz stone countertops?
1. Whether the countertop is leveled or not: The flatness of the countertop directly affects the degree of breakage of the countertop. The countertop should be leveled as a whole, not just by lining several corners. Such a countertop is easy to break.
2. Surface brightness: The surface brightness directly affects the beauty of the countertop and the surface decontamination ability; the surface of the artificial stone countertop should be polished after polishing, and the surface should be glossy and reflective;
3. Whether there are seams: Due to the unique properties of artificial stone, there should be no obvious seams after processing and splicing, which directly affects the aesthetics and use;
4. Geometrical size: When you need to check and accept after installation, you should check the geometrical size of the countertop against the drawing, and the size error should not exceed 3mm;
5. The gap against the wall: As the climate changes, the artificial stone will expand with heat and contract with the cold. Therefore, there is a gap of 3-5mm on the wall during processing, which is a normal range;
6. Whether the opening is smooth: the opening and corner of the artificial stone countertop should be smoothly transitioned, and there is no dead corner to disperse the internal stress, otherwise, the internal stress will be concentrated and easy to crack;