I heard from a friend that I wanted to buy quartz stone and the store broke the news. Some merchants pretended to be quartz stone and sold it at the price of quartz stone. Everyone knows that the price of quartz stone is much more expensive than that of quartz stone. It doesn’t seem to make a difference. Today we are going to popular science granite and quartz stone.
Artificial granite is based on unsaturated polyester resin as the binder, with natural marble or calcite, dolomite, silica sand, glass powder, and other inorganic powders, as well as an appropriate amount of curing agent, flame retardant, color, etc., after mixing A kind of artificial stone made by mixing, casting, vacuuming and other methods to shape and solidify.
Quartz stone plate is made of more than 93% quartz sand, unsaturated polyester resin, and other adhesives, mixed with ingredients, vacuum high pressure and high vibration, and kiln heating and curing.
The granite is seamlessly spliced, has good toughness, changeable shape, various colors, and soft colors, and it is easy to repair problems. After using it for too long, it can be bright as new after re-polishing. However, the hardness difference is slightly inferior to the load-bearing deformation and the scratch resistance of hard objects. The stone can withstand high temperatures to about 90 degrees, but it should not be in contact with overheated objects for a long time.
Quartz stone has high hardness, high-temperature resistance, scratch resistance, anti-permeation, resistance to deformation, and high gloss. However, special shapes are not easy to process, complex shapes are difficult to make, bumps and corners are difficult to repair, and seamless joints cannot be achieved.
Price: Quartz stone is generally more expensive than artificial marble.
1. Compared with granite, quartz stone has more expensive processing equipment, relatively fewer manufacturers, and higher ex-factory prices.
2. The better quartz stones are basically in other places. The product chain is supplier –> regional agent –> cabinet factory –> end customer, while the artificial stone is: supplier –> cabinet factory –>For end customers, the price of quartz stone will be more expensive if there is one more link.
3. For new things or not-so “old students” compared to stone, the price is not too transparent, and many merchants will give customers higher prices.
Beautiful: Quartz stone is slightly inferior.
1. The back-blocking of the countertop, the stone can achieve arc transition; and the quartz stone is used as the back-blocking on-site, and it is directly bonded to the part of the countertop against the wall with special glue for quartz stone.
2. Seam: The granite can be seamlessly connected; the quartz stone will have a faint line, and it is still very difficult to be completely seamless. Generally, when the quartz stone is in the seam, it will be better to wash the joints with water.
3. The front water barrier can be very close to the effect of stone, but it is slightly inferior in an arc.
4. Relatively speaking, it is easier to polish and polish the stone, and the effect is better. It’s just that it won’t last long when you use it.
Installation: The granite is faster, and the quartz stone is relatively less dusty.
Now the installation of quartz stone countertops requires additional subsidies to the master. Because the quartz stone is too heavy, it will take longer to block the water, grind the edges, and open the stove hole after the on-site connection.
Quartz stone generally has transparent or translucent particles, this is because the main component of quartz stone is quartz crystal;
The artificial marble is mostly of opaque particles, and its main material is composed of acrylic and natural stone powder;
Generally, the thickness of quartz stone is about 15 centimeters, and the thickness of the artificial marble is about 11-12 centimeters.
Quartz stone is cold and feels more like natural stone, while artificial marble feels warm and delicate, similar to high-grade plastic texture.
Some people say that you use a knife to cut the board, and some people say that you use acid foam. These are all right, but what we want to teach is a simple method that allows people who don’t understand stones or chemistry to easily distinguish the authenticity.
Just look at the back of the stone. The back of the real quartz stone is polished by a turntable. The scratches are arcs and the scratches are obvious. The back of the artificial marble is relatively flat. It is cross-cut, with a slight straight mark or no scratches. Therefore, if there are arc-shaped scratches on the backside, it is a real quartz plate, and those with straight or not on the backside are stone.