What is the artificial stone?
Artificial stone is a kind of mineral-filled polymer composite board made of natural ore powder, high-performance resin, and natural pigment through vacuum casting or compression molding. It can be divided into artificial calcium powder board, aluminum powder board, acrylic, composite acrylic, artificial granite, and quartz stone. The hardness and appearance of artificial granite and quartz stone are comparable to those of natural stone. Today we mainly understand the difference between artificial granite and quartz stone!
What is artificial marble?
Artificial marble is also called a synthetic stone, reconstituted stone, and engineering stone. It is also a kind of artificial stone. Its appearance is very similar to artificial quartz stone. It uses natural marble scraps and stone powder as the main filler, and organic resin as the cementing agent. That is, the stone scraps are reused and used in outdoor engineering decoration. The price is relatively cheap.
What is a quartz stone?
Quartz stone is also called synthetic stone and artificial stone. Because the composition of the filler quartz in the plate is as high as 93%, the quartz stone is called “quartz stone”. Quartz stone is an artificial stone die-cast plate. The filling of the plate is made of 93% quartz and 7% resin. The filling quartz sandstone used is de-impurity and pickled, and it does not contain any harmful objects and radiation sources. Known as indoor green environmental protection decorative stone, the price of quartz stone is much higher than other stones.
Among many decorative materials, the stone has excellent decorative properties due to its rich surface color and natural and harmonious texture. Using stone as decoration in interior decoration can give people a sense of harmony, elegance, dignity, nobility, and luxury. However, as people pay more and more attention to environmental protection decoration, the green environmental protection quartz stone that is non-toxic, non-radiation, and zero formaldehyde has been developed rapidly.
So the question is, how to distinguish two kinds of artificial stone that are so similar?
1. Scintillating crystals can be seen on both the front and the sides of are stone.
2. Use toilet cleaner to drop on the surface, the bubbling is the stone. The cut surface of quartz stone is slightly rough, and the resin content that is too smooth is higher and it is easy to deform.
3. Quartz has a higher density than other stones, so the sample stone of the same size is much lighter.
4. Observed from the side, the quartz stone is a uniform distribution of artificial cloth particles, consistent inside and outside.
5. The Mohs hardness of quartz stone can reach up to 7 degrees, while the hardness of granite is generally 4-6 degrees. The hardness of quartz is second only to diamonds, so there is no way to harm it by general ironware, which is compared with quartz stone The granite is harder, more resistant to scratching and abrasion.
6. Quartz stone can be reused because the internal material of quartz stone is evenly distributed. The front and back sides can achieve the same effect as the original front after simple polishing and polishing, while the stone cannot be reused. , Because the front of the stone is specially treated, once damaged, it cannot be repaired.
7. Due to the characteristics of its own material, quartz stone determines its high-temperature resistance. The temperature below 300 ° will not have any effect on it. However, because of the large amount of resin, quartz stone is particularly prone to deformation and Shows the phenomenon of burning.
8. Quartz stone is a non-toxic, non-radiation product and has no adverse effects on the human body; while granite is made of natural marble powder, so it may have radiation and cause adverse effects on the human body. In terms of price, the price of quartz stone is much higher than that of granite, so the problem of using granite as quartz stone should be prevented when buying.