Engineered quartz stone is widely used in today’s society, and its types are abundant. In addition, the appearance of artificial quartz stone is beautiful, simple, and generous, and more and more people use it. You may not know how to maintain the artificial stone. Here we will introduce you to a few simple and practical methods.
1. Do not allow heavy or sharp objects to directly impact the surface; oversized or overweight utensils should not be placed on the table for a long time; nor should they be washed with cold water and then immediately scalded with boiling water.
2. The surface of artificial stone countertops should be kept as dry as possible at ordinary times, and the bleach and scale in the water should be prevented from making the countertops lighter and affecting the appearance.
3. Daily cleaning water stains or a small number of stains can be removed immediately by scrubbing with a damp cloth and adding a small amount of household detergent or soapy water. If it is severely stained or cut, wipe it with household decontamination powder and tea gourd cloth to maintain its surface gloss.
4. Use soapy water or a detergent containing ammonia (such as detergent) to clean it. For scale, use a damp cloth to remove the scale and then wipe it with a dry cloth.
5. For strong stains, cigarette butts burns, or a small number of cut marks, use sandpaper and water to remove the stains or cuts, and polish with glazing wax. For more serious damage, please contact the artificial stone processing factory, they have the skills and equipment to repair the scar.
6. Strictly prevent strong chemicals from contacting the countertop, such as paint remover, metal cleaner, stove cleaner, methylene chloride, acetone (nail polish remover), strong acid cleaner, etc.
7. For knife marks, burn marks, and scratches, if the surface finish is required to be matte, you can use 400-600 grit sandpaper to polish until the knife marks disappear, then use detergent and scouring pad to restore the original shape. If the surface finish is a mirror surface, first polish it with 800-1200 grit sandpaper, then use a polishing wax and wool polishing ring to polish with a low-speed polishing machine at 1500-2000rpm, and then clean the surface with a clean cotton cloth. For small white marks, moisten the surface with cooking oil and dry cloth.