1. Introduction of Quartz Stone
Main ingredients: quartz stone = 90% quartz sand (powder) + 10% resin quartz stone is quite different from ordinary artificial quartz stone. Because 90% of quartz stone is natural quartz, its character is closer to natural stone, and it has the hardness and toughness of natural stone. Insufficient, and the hardness is higher than that of natural marble, so in addition to being used as a countertop, it is also a highlight of the floor.
2. Processing status
Because there is a big difference in hardness and toughness between quartz stone and ordinary artificial stone, its processing method is also quite different from ordinary artificial stone. However, the current understanding shows that the quartz stone of the Oupai system or the agent There are fatal errors in the processing methods and craftsmanship in some details, and some only use the processing methods and craftsmanship of ordinary artificial stone to process quartz stone slabs. As a quartz stone manufacturer, it is necessary and responsible to put forward some guiding documents on the quartz stone processing method for the reference of the Oupai system processing workshop and the quartz stone agent.
3. The processing requirements of quartz stone
The processing requirements of quartz stone are in principle the same as the processing of natural stone, but it is the same as natural granite and granite. Operators who process quartz stone should preferably have experience in processing natural stone. Operators who have processing general artificial stone but no experience in processing natural stone must in principle be trained before they can work. Stone Research Institute (WeChat ID stone5A)
(1) Common processing tools
1. Necessary tools (1) Multifunctional marble cutting machine (cutting material, grinding and chamfering), (2) Grinding machine (with special diamond grinding disc, resin grinding disc), (3) Cantilever water grinding polishing machine, ( 4) Hand electric drill (with diamond set drill R15-R45mm), (5) Curved data, small blade, triangular glass fixture, wiring socket, etc.
2. Special materials: (1) marble glue (white, transparent), (2) special glue for quartz stone (factory preparation), (3) special dry glue for quartz stone (factory preparation), (4) curing agent.
(2) Process flow chart
On-site measurement, drawing, and size recording → confirms the design and edge type of the countertop with the customer → draw and draws the line according to the drawing → cut the material with a marble machine → use a multi-function marble machine or another special water grinder to trim the edge type → blow dry and clean the adhesive Glue → adjust the glue, apply the bonding surface → clamp with a special clamp → cut off the waste rubber with a blade after curing, use a special grinding and polishing machine water grinding → polishing → check the effect of the size. The back is enhanced.
(3) Edging and chamfering
Use hard diamond water abrasive pads, first 50#, then 150#, then 300#; when polishing, start with 500# water abrasive pads, and then use 1000#, 2000#, 3000# water abrasive pads in turn for polishing. Note that the diamond water-grinding disc must be hard, and it must be emphasized with the supplier. The size of the polishing pad is 3 inches or 4 inches, which can be determined according to the needs of users.
(4) The connection must be connected with a 45-degree oblique port
(5) Cutting. Be sure to use a hard diamond saw blade with high hardness and high sales volume. When cutting under water cooling, the speed of the saw blade during cutting should be 6000 rpm/above. A saw blade with insufficient emery content will cause the quartz stone plate to crack due to high-speed impact due to insufficient cutting sales, and this type of saw blade is not durable. The high-hardness diamond saw blade used must have a sand outlet or a sand hole to prevent the broken quartz sand from being discharged in time and causing local heating to crack the quartz stone plate during processing.
(6) Opening the furnace hole
1. Determine the center position of the basin hole according to the design requirements, and the distance between the edge of the furnace hole and the rear water retaining edge is not less than 70mm.
2. When opening the furnace hole, you must first drill holes in the four corners of the furnace hole (the drill bit for drilling must be a high-hardness diamond drill bit, which is available in Yunfu’s stone processing tool supply store), and then use a wire cutting machine to cut slowly and evenly. When cutting, the plate cannot be cut through at one time. It should be cut in two steps. The first step is to cut 1/3 of the thickness of the plate, and the second step is to cut through the plate to prevent the plate from cracking.
3. When opening the furnace hole, there must be a backing plate at the bottom of the quartz stone plate, which cannot be completely suspended, and the bearing force must be uniform to prevent cracking during the opening process due to uneven force.
4. After the furnace hole is cut into a square, use an angle grinder to grind the four corners of the furnace hole into a circular arc angle with a radius of not less than R10mm. Form a corresponding arc, and thicken the four sides with a quartz stone plate with a width of more than 30mm.
5. The glue that can be used when bonding quartz stone The glue that can be used when bonding quartz stone is the same as the glue used for natural stone.
(1) Marble glue. It is sold in Yunfu and is most commonly used. The specific use must be carried out in accordance with the requirements in the instruction manual.
(2) Special glue for quartz stone. Prepared by Aowei Quartz Stone Factory, it is necessary to ensure that the barge is water-free, dry, oil-free, and wax-free when using it. If you are not sure, wipe it with acetone or thinner water, and dry it before bonding. The connection port of quartz stone is best to be connected with a 45-degree oblique port, and the connection port must be ground. This glue can be cured within 15 minutes, but the real maturation is one week later, and one month later, it can be completely matched (fitted) with the quartz stone.
(3) Special dry glue for quartz stone. It is prepared by Aowei Quartz Stone Factory and uses the same glue as the special glue for quartz stone, but the difference between wet and dry.
(4) Epoxy AB-type dry hanging glue. It is available at Yunfu Stone Store, and it can be used according to the instructions when using it. In short, the processing technology of quartz stone is the same as the processing technology of natural stone, and the processing methods and tools are the same as those of natural stone. Do not transplant the processing technology of general artificial stone to quartz stone.
4. The conclusion
Quartz stone is a new generation of nano anti-fouling, non-radiation, and natural quartz sand and quartz powder as the basic material of quartz artificial stone in the world under the modern environmental protection concept. Compared with the current series of artificial stones such as cast resin artificial stone, acrylic plate, calcium powder stone in the countertop industry, its hardness, abrasion resistance, and anti-fouling are incomparable.