Quartz stone is a non-porous, dense, high-hardness solid surface material composed of high-quality quartz sand and polymer materials. It has high-quality properties such as chemical resistance, scratch resistance, and stain resistance. It is unmatched by other materials when used in professional countertop materials. In order to enhance the beauty of quartz stone countertops, keep the kitchen countertops clean and adhere to a hygienic life, daily maintenance and maintenance are essential. Today, I will give a systematic introduction on how to clean and maintain quartz stone.
Daily maintenance of quartz stone countertops
1. Avoid placing high-temperature objects directly on the surface of the countertop for a long time, or impacting the surface with heavy and sharp objects: Quartz stone plates are brittle polymer composite materials, which also have the characteristics of thermal expansion and contraction, and there is also certain shrinkage stress, Impact toughness, elongation at break and other mechanical properties, cracks will appear when the plate cannot withstand the internal stress caused by severe thermal expansion and contraction and is subject to severe external impact. So in daily life, you can use a potholder with rubber feet, or put a heat insulation pad on the countertop.
2. Avoid direct contact of the countertop with strong chemicals: Quartz stone has a long-lasting anti-damage ability, but it is still necessary to avoid contact with strong chemicals, such as paint removers, metal cleaners, stove cleaners, etc. If you accidentally come into contact with the above items, immediately wash the surface of the quartz stone with plenty of soapy water.
3. Try to keep the countertop dry: because the water contains a lot of bleaching agent and scale, staying for too long will make the countertop lighter and affect the appearance. Therefore, after being stained with water, you need to wipe it off with a rag in time. The water absorption rate of quartz stone is 0.02%, which is almost zero, but there is also the possibility of penetration. If the liquid stays on the surface for too long, the possibility of penetration is relatively high.
Daily cleaning of quartz stone countertops
1. For general stains remaining on the countertop, you can use any neutral detergent (such as detergent, hand sanitizer) to clean it, and then clean it with water. Especially oil stains and stains should be cleaned up in time.
2. For hard dirt, such as glue, nail polish, paint, etc., adhered to the table, you can use a blade to remove it.
3. In order to make the quartz stone countertops look like new for a long time, if there are oil stains, soy sauce stains, rust, and other stains on the countertops, please clean them up in time to avoid stains remaining on the countertops for a long time.
4. Do not place dirty wet wipes in the same place on the countertop for many years to avoid bleeding on the countertop.
Maintenance method of quartz stone countertop
In addition to the above daily maintenance and cleaning, quartz stone countertops also need regular special maintenance. The general maintenance method of quartz stone countertops in the kitchen is waxing. First, we have to clean the countertops and wait until the countertops are completely dry before starting the operation. The operation steps are as follows:
1. Hit three enlightenment waxes. When playing the third enlightenment wax, pay attention to use a cloth without fluff or a waxer to rub the table.
2. Polishing. Wipe gently with a rag after every hit of the enlightenment was to make the table surface brighter.
3. Pay attention to the seams on the countertop. Pay special attention to the seams of the countertops when waxing.
4. Polish the surface with sandpaper. After each beating of enlightenment wax, after the countertop is dry, sand the surface with very fine sandpaper, wipe it clean, and then apply a second time.