Definition and composition of quartz stone
Definition of quartz stone:
Quartz stone is a new type of stone made of 93% quartz sand powder and 8% resin, pigments, and other auxiliary materials under high pressure under vacuum and shaped under high temperature. It is an environmentally friendly and green new building material that is free of radioactive pollution and can be reused. And decorative materials.
Quartz stone must fully meet the following four conditions. If any of the conditions are not met, it is a fake quartz stone:
1. Resin content (including all liquid auxiliary materials) 8-12%. Less than 7% has insufficient toughness and is easy to fracture; higher than 12% is easy to deform. Some quartz stones have a resin content of about 15%, so they are fake quartz stones.
2. It must be formed under high pressure under a vacuum. Whether it is low-pressure forming or pouring forming, the compactness of the quartz stone plate is insufficient, and it is easy to bleed and is not stain resistant, so it is a fake quartz stone.
3. The hardness of the quartz stone plate must be provided by quartz sand. High-quality quartz stone is composed of refined quartz sand containing more than 92%.
4. Curing and setting at high temperature. Some quartz stones are mainly cold-solidified or low-temperature solidification under 100℃, so they are pseudo-quartz stones.
The composition of quartz stone:
1. Resin: Resin is the matrix material of quartz stone, which has the function of bonding and providing toughness.
2. Filling material: The main component of the quartz stone filling material is silica, and the others include: quartz stone sand, quartz stone powder, foundry sand, broken glass, shells, and sea sand.
3. Pigment: The function of pigment in quartz stone is to adjust the variety of colors and colors to make them rich and colorful.
4. Curing agent: A curing agent is an indispensable auxiliary for the production of quartz stone. Good quartz stone is cured at high temperature.
5. Other additives: Resin is a polymer material. Appropriate addition of some additives can improve its process, increase production efficiency, enhance the performance of quartz stone, and extend its life.
The performance of quartz stone, its hardness, dirt-carrying ability, and weight are higher than natural marble and ordinary artificial stone, and it has strong wear resistance.
Its performance is mainly manifested in:
1. Not easy to scratch: The quartz content of quartz stone is as high as 93%, and its surface hardness can be as high as 7 on the Mohs scale, which is greater than sharp tools such as knives and shovel used in the kitchen and will not be scratched by it.
2. Strong anti-pollution: Quartz is a dense and non-porous composite material manufactured under vacuum conditions. The surface has excellent corrosion resistance to acids and alkalis. The liquid placed on the surface for a long time only needs to be cleaned with water or cleansing. And bright and other cleaning agents can be wiped with a rag.
3. Incombustible: Natural quartz crystal is a typical refractory material, its melting point is as high as 1300 degrees, and the quartz stone made of 93% natural quartz is completely flame retardant and will not burn due to exposure to high temperatures. It is incomparable with artificial stone and other countertops. High-temperature resistance characteristics.
4. Non-toxic and non-radiation: The surface of the quartz stone is smooth, flat, without scratches, and the dense and non-porous material structure makes bacteria have nowhere to hide. Quartz stone is completely non-toxic and non-radiative, can be in direct contact with food, and has passed China’s environmental labeling product certification.