In daily life, many consumers confuse the concepts of several kinds of artificial stone, such as granite and quartz stone. Many people will mistakenly buy quartz stone as granite during the purchase. Why does granite use fake and real quartz stone? In fact, what I want to say today is that granite is not quartz stone, so how to distinguish between granite and quartz stone?
What is the artificial stone?
Artificial stone is a mineral-filled polymer composite board made of natural ore powder, high-performance resin, and natural pigments through vacuum casting or compression molding. It can be divided into artificial calcium powder board, aluminum powder board, acrylic, composite acrylic, artificial granite, and quartz stone. The hardness and appearance of artificial granite and quartz stone are comparable to those of natural stone. Today we mainly understand the difference between artificial granite and quartz stone!
What is artificial marble?
Artificial marble is also known as synthetic stone, reconstituted stone, and engineering stone. It is also a kind of artificial stone, and its appearance is very similar to artificial quartz stone. It uses natural marble scraps and stone powder as main fillers, and organic resin as cementing agents, that is, stone scraps are reused and used in outdoor engineering decoration. The price is relatively cheap.
What is quartz stone?
Quartz stone is also called synthetic stone and artificial stone. Because the composition of the filler quartz in the plate is as high as 93%, the quartz stone is called “quartz stone”. Quartz stone is an artificial stone die-casting plate. The filling of the plate is made of 93% quartz and 7% resin. The filling quartz sandstone used is de-impurity and pickling, and it does not contain any harmful objects and radiation sources. Known as indoor green environmental protection decorative stone, the price of quartz stone is much higher than other stones.
Among the many decorative materials, stone has excellent decorative properties due to its rich surface color and natural and harmonious texture. Using stone as decoration in interior decoration can give people a sense of harmony, elegance, dignity, nobility, and luxury. However, as people pay more and more attention to environmental protection decoration, there has been rapid
development for the non-toxic, non-radiation, and zero-formaldehyde green quartz stone.
So the question is, how to distinguish two kinds of artificial stone that are so similar?
1. Scintillating crystals can be seen on both the front and the sides are granite.
2. Use toilet cleaner to drop on the surface, the bubbling is the stone. The cut surface of quartz stone is slightly rough, and the resin content that is too smooth is higher and it is easy to deform.
3. Quartz has a higher density than other stones, so the sample granite of the same size is much lighter.
4. Observed from the side, the quartz stone is a uniform distribution of artificial cloth particles, consistent inside and outside.
5. The Mohs hardness of quartz stone can be as high as 7 degrees, while the hardness of granite is generally 4-6 degrees. The hardness of quartz is second only to diamonds, so there is no way to harm it by general ironware, which is compared with quartz stone. The granite is harder and more scratch-resistant and wear-resistant than it.
6. Quartz stone can be reused because the internal material of quartz stone is evenly distributed, the front and back sides can achieve the same effect as the original front after simple polishing and polishing, while the granite cannot be reused, Because the front of the stone is specially treated, once it is damaged, it cannot be repaired.
7. Due to the characteristics of its own material, quartz stone determines its high-temperature resistance. A temperature below 300° will not have any effect on it. However, because of the large amount of resin, quartz stone is particularly prone to deformation and Shows the phenomenon of scorching.
8. Quartz stone is a non-toxic and non-radiation product and has no adverse effects on the human body; while the granite is made of natural marble powder, so it may have radiation and cause adverse effects on the human body. In terms of price, the price of quartz stone is much higher than that of granite, so the problem of using granite to pretend to be quartz stone should be prevented when buying.