Quartz stone is the most ideal countertop material for its high hardness, corrosion resistance, high-temperature resistance, and not easy to bleed. It is highly respected by people in the industry and consumers, but the domestic quartz stone market is mixed, The large price difference makes it difficult for consumers to distinguish between advantages and disadvantages. Some unscrupulous businessmen use inferior inorganic pigments containing heavy metals such as lead or cadmium in the production process and directly add organic solvents. After these inferior quartz stone slabs enter the home, they will directly enter the digestive system through heavy metals and other harmful substances, using food as a carrier, which is harmful to human health. Organic solvents and heavy metals harm the digestive system.
The long-term volatilization of residual formaldehyde from inferior quartz may cause cancer. Some unscrupulous merchants add formaldehyde-containing glue to reduce the cost to act as a solvent. After processing into countertops, excessive formaldehyde will remain. Environments with no air circulation or high temperature will accelerate the volatilization of such toxic substances. Long-term exposure is likely to cause cancer. The producers of inferior quartz stone disregard the rights and interests of consumers in pursuit of profit. Although such plates are inexpensive, they are indeed a huge health hazard.
The really qualified quartz stone plate has a smooth surface and no scratches. The dense and non-porous material structure makes the bacteria nowhere to hide and can be in direct contact with food. It is safe and non-toxic! Therefore, consumers must be cautious when purchasing quartz stone plates, so as not to mistakenly purchase “toxic plates” to introduce long-term poison sources for families and endanger their lives and health.