It is estimated that everyone is familiar with quartz stone, it is the ideal countertop material. The processing and installation of quartz stone countertops is a technical activity. If the quartz stone is installed improperly, it will not only affect the appearance of the cabinet countertops but also directly affect the overall quality and service life of the cabinet. So what are the precautions for processing quartz stone countertops? Quartz stone countertop installation precautions What are the precautions for quartz stone countertop processing? The following article will share these issues with you, looking forward to helping friends in need.
Nowadays, quartz stone has become a commonly used material for countertops. In order to ensure the quality of countertops, you need to process and design the quartz stone before installation. Specifically, you need to pay attention to the following points:
1. Quartz stone is generally installed by splicing. When choosing the splicing position, try to avoid the corners and the furnace mouth. This is because the quartz stone has the characteristics of thermal expansion and contraction. If it is close to the furnace fire or corner, There may be cracking.
2. When designing the corners of the table, you should fully consider the stress concentration, which will cause the corners of the table to crack. Therefore, all corners should be kept at a radius of 2.5 cm or more during processing.
3. When designing the hob opening position, the opening position of the countertop should be greater than or equal to 8 cm from the edge of the countertop to prevent the countertop from cracking. When opening the hob opening, first use a cutter or jigsaw to make the hole. Use a gong machine or a hand grinder to polish the edges to achieve a smooth effect. The radius of the four corners is basically uniform. Because the jigsaw and cutting machine make holes, there are serration marks on the periphery of the cut hole, and there are residual cracks, which can easily cause openings. Cracked at the place.
4. The corners of the openings should be rounded with a radius of more than 2.5 cm. The four corners must be reinforced with homogeneous plate plates. There must be a certain space between the stove and the countertop, and the space distance is 0.4-0.6 cm. Heat insulation cloth and tin platinum paper shall be added around the opening for heat insulation protection measures.
5. When designing the countertop, consider the limitations of stairs, elevators, doors, and other transportation channels on the countertop size, and the on-site joints should meet the aforementioned joint requirements.
Precautions for installing quartz stone countertops
After everything is ready, you can start to install the quartz stone installation. The installation quality of quartz stone is directly related to the beauty and service life of the countertop, so it cannot be ignored. Let’s take a look at the precautions for installing quartz stone countertops together:
1. It is necessary to check the flatness of the cabinet before installation, and check whether the size of the quartz stone countertop matches the cabinet completely. If errors occur, the quartz stone countertops need to be reworked or the cabinets must be trimmed.
2. When measuring the depth of the cabinet, the countertop needs to reserve a size of 4cm to facilitate the installation of the hanging sidebars.
3. When splicing some super-long countertops (such as L-shaped countertops), in order to ensure the flatness of the spliced countertops and the tightness of the joints, it is recommended to use strong fixing clips (A clip, F clip) to fix the quartz stone plate. In addition, when bonding the lower hanging strips, a strong fixing clip should also be used to fix it to ensure the perfect combination of the countertop splicing and the gap between the countertop and the lower hanging strip.
4. There should be a certain distance between the quartz stone countertop and the wall (usually 3mm to 5mm). After installation, the gap between the countertop and the wall should be evenly coated with glass glue.
5. In the countertop installation, try to avoid large-scale cutting and drilling of quartz stone at the construction site. On the one hand, it is to prevent cutting dust from polluting the construction site, and on the other hand, to prevent errors caused by inaccurate cutting.
6. Due to the high hardness and high density of quartz stone countertops, the processing technology requirements are high. Therefore, for the installation of quartz stone countertops, you should contact a professional quartz stone installer and use professional tools to install it. You must not install it blindly by yourself to avoid causing it.