Quartz, an inorganic mineral, is mainly composed of silica and contains a small amount of Al2O3, CaO, MgO, etc. It is a translucent or opaque crystal, generally milky white, with a hard texture. Quartz is a mineral resource with very stable physical and chemical properties. The crystal is a trigonal oxide mineral, namely low-temperature quartz (a-quartz), which is the most widely distributed mineral species in the quartz group of minerals. As a ubiquitous rock-forming mineral in nature, quartz stone has the characteristics of non-scratching, non-toxic, non-radiation, non-polluting, high-temperature resistance, easy maintenance, and discoloration. It can be used as a raw material for public buildings and home decoration. In addition, it can be further broken After processing, it can also replace natural sand and be widely used in urban construction, highways, airport runways, and other fields, and its industrial value cannot be underestimated.
With the development of industrial technology, quartz stone powder is widely used, mainly in the manufacture of glass, refractory materials (charges), ferrosilicon smelting, coatings, rubber fillers, metallurgical flux, ceramics, abrasive materials, aviation, aerospace, and other industries. Quartz stone powder is mainly derived from veined quartz, quartzite or quartz sandstone, etc. It is hand-selected and washed in the stope, and can be used after crushing. For applications with low requirements for iron-containing impurities, such as high-purity quartz glass, magnetic separation or pickling (to remove iron-containing impurities) is required after crushing.
So which crusher is good for crushing quartz stone?
The first one is jaw crusher. This equipment is the most commonly used quartz stone crusher. Its production technology is the most mature. It has a high crushing ratio, long service life, high crushing capacity, small volume, small footprint, and low investment cost. It, Easy to operate, fast installation, etc., basically no requirements for the on-site environment, and excellent performance in terms of structural performance, so it is widely used.
The second is the cone crusher. This equipment is the most technically advanced crushing equipment. It has a good crushing effect on quartz stone and has become one of the most popular crushing equipment in processing plants. It has an advanced structure, unique design, and efficiency. High, good effect, energy-saving, convenient maintenance, green and environmental protection.
The third is the hammer crusher. This equipment is also a kind of crusher with a long history of development. It can achieve the effect of forming quartz stone materials at one time. The hammer crusher has good quality, wear resistance, a low replacement rate, and a large crushing ratio. , Uniform abrasive, beautiful grain shape, adjustable size, less than crushing, no needle flakes, low investment cost, beautiful appearance, compact internal structure, convenient operation, and maintenance, etc., and the body is sealed to avoid dust pollution and eliminate dust leakage from the body, Therefore, it is also one of the first-choice equipment for quartz stone processing plants.
What is the purpose of the broken quartz stone? Let’s first understand:
1. Glass: The main raw materials for flat glass, float glass, glass products, optical glass, glass fiber, glass equipment, conductive glass, glass cloth, and special radiation-proof glass.
2. Ceramics and refractory materials The blanks and glazes of porcelain, high-silicon bricks for kilns, ordinary silicon bricks, silicon carbide, and other raw materials.
3. Metallurgy Raw materials or additives and fluxes for silicon metal, ferrosilicon alloy, and silicon aluminum alloy.
4. Building concrete, cementitious materials, road construction materials, artificial marble, cement physical performance inspection materials (ie cement standard sand), etc.
5. Chemicals Raw materials such as silicon compounds and water glass, fillers for sulfuric acid towers, amorphous silica powder, etc.
6. Machinery The main raw material for foundry sand, abrasive materials (sandblasting, hard abrasive paper, sandpaper, emery cloth, etc.).
7. Electronic high-purity metal silicon, optical fiber for communication, etc.
8. Aviation and aerospace. Its internal molecular chain structure, crystal shape, and lattice change law make it have high-temperature resistance, low thermal expansion coefficient, high insulation, corrosion resistance, piezoelectric effect, resonance, and unique optical characteristics.