At present, many home decorators like to use quartz stone for flooring and countertops. Why is quartz stone so popular? Let’s first understand the crafting process of quartz stone!
1. Introduction to the main ingredients of quartz stone: quartz stone = 93% quartz sand (powder) + 7% resin quartz stone is quite different from ordinary artificial quartz stone. Since 90% of quartz stone is natural quartz, its character is closer to natural stone. Natural stone has insufficient hardness and toughness, and its hardness is higher than that of natural marble, so besides it can be used as a countertop, it is also a highlight of the floor.
2. The operator who processes quartz stone is best to have experience in processing natural stone. Operators who have processing general artificial stone but no experience in processing natural stone must in principle be trained before they can work.
3. Processing status. Due to the large difference in hardness and toughness between quartz stone and ordinary artificial stone, its processing method is also quite different from that of ordinary artificial stone. However, the current understanding shows that the processing method of quartz stone is different from that of ordinary artificial stone. There are very fatal errors in some details of the craftsmanship, and some are just processing quartz stone plates with the processing methods and techniques of ordinary artificial stone. As a quartz stone manufacturer, it is necessary and responsible to put forward some guiding documents on the quartz stone processing method for reference by the processing workshop and the quartz stone agent.
Necessary tools for common processing:
1. Multifunctional marble cutting machine (cutting material, grinding, and chamfering)
2. Grinding machine (with a special diamond grinding disc and resin grinding disc)
3. Cantilever water mill polishing machine
4. Hand drill (with diamond set drill R15-R45 mm)
5. Special materials such as curve data, small blades, triangular glass fixtures, wiring sockets, etc. (1) Marble glue (white, transparent) (2) Special glue for quartz stone (factory preparation) (3) Special dry glue for quartz stone (factory preparation) ) (4) Curing agent 2. According to the characteristics of a diamond, tabletop modeling is recommended.
4. Quartz stone processing process:
1. On-the-spot measurement and drawing and recording the size → confirm with the customer the design and edge type of the countertop → draw the pattern and line according to the drawing → cut the material with a marble machine → use a multi-function marble machine or other special water grinders to trim the edge type → blow-dry Clean the glue water → adjust the glue, apply the bonding surface → clamp with a special fixture → after curing, use a blade to remove the waste glue with a special grinding and polishing machine water grinding → polishing → check the effect of the size.
2. Hard diamond water grinding pads for edge grinding and chamfering, first 50#, then 150#, then 300#; when polishing, start with 500# water grinding pads, and then use 1000#, 2000#, 3000# water grinding pads, in turn, The sheet is polished. Note that the diamond grinding pad must be made of hard, and it must be emphasized with the supplier. The size of the polishing pad is 3 inches or 4 inches, which can be determined according to the needs of users.
3. The connection must be connected with a 45-degree oblique port
4. For cutting, you must use a hard diamond saw blade with high hardness and high sales volume. When cutting under water cooling, the speed of the saw blade during cutting must be 6000 rpm/above. Saw blades with insufficient emery content will cause quartz stone plates to crack due to high-speed impact due to insufficient cutting sales, and such saw blades are not durable. The high-hardness diamond saw blade used must have a sand outlet or a sand hole to prevent the broken quartz sand from being discharged in time and causing local heating to crack the quartz stone plate during processing.
5. Opening the furnace hole 1. Determine the center position of the basin hole according to the design requirements, and the distance between the edge of the furnace hole and the rear water retaining edge is not less than 70mm; 2. When opening the furnace hole, you must first drill holes in the four corners of the furnace hole (the drill bit for drilling) It must be a high-hardness diamond drill bit, available in Yunfu’s stone processing tool supplies store), and then use a wire cutting machine to slowly and evenly cut into squares. When cutting, the plate cannot be cut through at one time. It should be cut in two steps. In the first step, cut 1/3 of the thickness of the plate, and then cut the plate through in the second step to prevent the plate from cracking.
6. When opening the furnace hole, there should be a backing plate at the bottom of the quartz stone plate, which should not be completely suspended, and the bearing capacity should be uniform to prevent cracking during the opening process due to uneven force.
7. After the furnace hole is cut into a square shape, use an angle grinder to grind the four corners of the furnace hole into arc angles, the radius of the arc is not less than R10mm, the back of the four corners of the furnace hole are thickened with a small plate of about 120×120mm, and then the angle grinder The four sides are thickened with quartz stone plates with a width of more than 30mm.
8. The glue that can be used when bonding quartz stone The glue that can be used when bonding quartz stone is the same as that used for natural stone. (1) Marble glue is the most commonly used. The specific use must be carried out in accordance with the requirements in the instruction manual. (2) Special glue for quartz stone. It is prepared by the quartz stone factory. When using it, it must be ensured that the barge is dry, oil-free, and wax-free. If you are not sure, wipe it with acetone or thinner water, and let it dry before bonding. The connection port of quartz stone is best to be connected with a 45-degree angle, and the connection port must be ground. This glue can be cured within 15 minutes, but the real maturation is one week later, and one month later it can be completely matched with the quartz stone. (3) Special dry glue for quartz stone. Prepared by the quartz stone factory, the use is the same as the special glue for quartz stone, but the difference between dry and wet. (4) Epoxy AB-type dry hanging glue. It is available in the stone store, and it can be used according to the instructions.