1. Introduction of Quartz Stone
Main ingredients: quartz stone = 93% quartz sand (powder) + 10% resin quartz stone is quite different from ordinary man-made quartz stone. Because 93% of the quartz stone is natural quartz, its character is closer to natural stone, and it has the hardness and toughness of natural stone. Insufficient, and the hardness is higher than that of natural marble, so besides it can be used as a countertop, the floor is also a highlight.
2. Processing status
Due to the large difference in hardness and toughness between quartz stone and ordinary artificial stone, its processing method is also quite different from ordinary artificial stone. However, the current understanding shows that there are very fatal errors in some details. Some only use the processing methods and techniques of ordinary artificial stone to process quartz stone plates. As a quartz stone manufacturer, it is necessary and responsible to put forward some guiding documents on the quartz stone processing method.
3.Tthe processing requirements of quartz stone
The processing requirements of quartz stone are in principle the same as the processing of natural stone, but it is the same as natural granite and granite. Operators who process quartz stone should preferably have experience in processing natural stone. Operators who have processing general-purpose artificial stone but no experience in processing natural stone must in principle be trained before they can work.
(1) Common processing tools
1. Essential tools
(1) Multifunctional marble cutting machine (cutting material, grinding, and chamfering)
(2) Grinding machine (with a special diamond grinding disc and resin grinding disc)
(3) Cantilever water mill polishing machine
(4) Hand drill (with diamond sleeve drill R15-R45mm)
(5) Curved data, small blades, triangular glass fixtures, wiring sockets, etc.
2. Special materials:
(1) Marble glue (white, transparent)
(2) Special glue for quartz stone (prepared in a factory)
(3) Special dry glue for quartz stone (factory preparation)
(4) Curing agent.
(2) Process flow chart
On-site measurement, drawing, and size recording → confirms with the customer the design and edge of the tabletop → draw and draw the line according to the drawing → cut the material with a marble machine → use a multi-function marble machine or another special water mill to trim the edge type → blow dry and clean Glue → adjust the glue, smear the bonding surface → clamp with a special fixture → use a blade to remove waste glue after curing, use a special grinding and polishing machine to polish → check the effect of the size.
(3) Edge grinding and chamfering
Use hard diamond water abrasive pads, first 50#, then 150#, then 300#; when polishing, start with 500# water abrasive pads, and then use 1000#, 2000#, 3000# water abrasive pads in turn for polishing. Note that the diamond grinding pad must be made of hard, and it must be emphasized with the supplier. The size of the polishing pad is 3 inches or 4 inches, which can be determined according to the needs of users.
(4) The connection must be connected with a 45-degree oblique port
(5) Cutting. Be sure to use a hard diamond saw blade with high hardness and a large sales volume, and cut under water cooling. The speed of the saw blade during cutting should be 6000 rpm/above. Saw blades with insufficient emery content will cause quartz stone plates to crack due to high-speed impact due to insufficient cutting sales, and such saw blades are not durable. The high-hardness diamond saw blade used must have a sand hole or a sand hole to prevent the quartz stone from being discharged in time and causing local heating to crack the quartz stone plate during processing.
(6) Opening the furnace hole
1. Determine the center position of the basin hole according to the design requirements, and the distance between the edge of the furnace hole and the rear water retaining edge is not less than 70mm.
2. When opening the furnace hole, you must first drill holes at the four corners of the furnace hole (the drill bit for drilling must be a high-hardness diamond drill bit, which is available in Yunfu’s stone processing tool supply store), and then use a wire cutter to cut slowly and evenly. When cutting, the plate cannot be cut through at one time. It should be cut in two steps. The first step is to cut 1/3 of the thickness of the plate, and the second step is to cut the plate through to prevent the plate from cracking.
3. When opening the furnace hole, there should be a backing plate at the bottom of the quartz stone plate, which should not be completely suspended, and the bearing capacity should be even to prevent cracking during the opening process due to uneven force.
4. After the furnace hole is cut into a square, use an angle grinder to grind the four corners of the furnace hole into a circular arc angle, the radius of the arc is not less than R10mm, the back of the four corners of the furnace hole is thickened with a small plate of about 120×120mm, and then the angle grinder The four sides are thickened with quartz stone plates with a width of more than 30mm.
5. The glue that can be used when bonding quartz stone The glue that can be used when bonding quartz stone is the same as the glue used for natural stone.
(1) Marble glue. The most commonly used, specific use must be carried out in accordance with the requirements in the instruction manual.
(2) Special glue for quartz stone. It is prepared by the quartz stone factory. When using it, it must be ensured that the barge is dry, oil-free, and wax-free. If you are not sure, wipe it with acetone or thinner water, and let it dry before bonding. The connection port of quartz stone is best to be connected with a 45-degree angle, and the connection port must be ground. This glue can be cured within 15 minutes, but the real maturation is one week later, and one month later it can be completely matched with the quartz stone.
(3) Special dry glue for quartz stone. Prepared by the quartz stone factory, the use is the same as the special glue for quartz stone, but the difference between dry and wet.
(4) Epoxy AB-type dry hanging glue. It is available in the stone store, and it can be used according to the instructions. In short, the processing technology of quartz stone is the same as the processing technology of natural stone, and the processing methods and tools are the same as those of natural stone. Do not transplant the processing technology of general artificial stone to quartz stone.
Quartz stone is a new generation of nano anti-fouling, non-radiation, quartz artificial stone based on natural quartz sand and quartz powder under the modern environmental protection concept. Compared with the current series of artificial stone such as cast resin artificial stone, acrylic plate, calcium powder stone in the countertop industry, its hardness, wear-resistance, and anti-fouling are incomparable.